Sunday, January 16, 2011

Amazed

I just want to say tonight, that God has once again swept me off my feet...

Just because I'm in South Africa, doesn't mean I don't struggle with the same things that I did at home.  I don't know why, but I thought maybe I could escape them when I came here.  Or maybe that when I was faced with extreme poverty and problems so much larger than my own, that maybe I could just forget them.   I'm not sure what I was thinking.  I'm the same person here, that I was at home, and my heart is still my heart.  And instead of escaping, I dove headfirst into them.

And I realized something today at Church in Capricorn- I was worshipping with mothers and fathers with little children who may not have enough money or food or clothes to meet their physical needs, and God knows each and every one of their hearts.  And He knows absolutely every need that they have.  All He asks for from them is their complete dependence on Him to provide.  Although their needs may be so different than mine- my God only asks me for complete dependence on Him.  And His love for me is as great as His love for every single person I've met here on this trip.  Because we all fall short of His Glory.  And His LOVE and GRACE covers a multitude of sins and injustice.  Joy is only found in Christ alone.  No matter how much or how little we have.

And at just the right time, God provided me with the encouragement and love that I needed.  And I am in  awe of Him once again.

3 comments: